Boys Varsity Wrestling
Due to the forecast for Saturday we have decided to make modifications to the New Oxford Wrestling tournament scheduled for 1/17 and 1/18. It will now be Friday, 1/17, only. Please note the following:
1) Teams should now plan to arrive between 1:45 and 2:15 pm. You must enter campus via Oxford Rd and park in the lot behind the stadium as school is in session until 2:30. You will enter the doors nearest the stadium entrance (door 3) and be escorted to the gymnasium where all team members will sit in the balcony.
2) Skin checks and weigh-ins will begin at 2:15. Each team will be assigned a trainer for skin checks and then move to the other side of the gymnasium curtain to their assigned scale. Teams will return to the balcony and remain there until all teams have been weighed in and then will be dismissed to locker rooms/eating areas. Female wrestlers will be weighed in by our female trainer in the officials room and kept in the auxiliary gym until weigh-ins conclude.
3) Wrestling will begin at 4:00 pm. The modified bracket is attached with approximate times. We believe the tournament will conclude prior to midnight.
4) Due to the changes and time constraints, there will be no JV tournament.
5) Spectators will be able to enter at 3:30 pm.
A few reminders:
1) No food or drink is permitted in the gyms. All team coolers should be labeled and will be placed in the cafeteria.
2) All team entries were due at noon today. Please verify that you have entered your participants by 6:00 pm tonight so that we can begin setting up the brackets with proper seeds.
Again, we apologize for the changes but are unfortunately not in a position where we can sacrifice the safety of all student-athletes during inclement weather. - NEW OXFORD