Announcements and Important Events
FALL ATHLETE REGISTRATION & PHYSICALS
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS FOR 7TH-12TH GRADERS WHO ARE PLANNING TO PARTICIPATE IN FALL SPORTS.
Registration and physicals for the winter and spring seasons will be held at later dates.
As we approach the 2020-21 school year and another Blue Raider season, we want to bring your attention to some significant changes to the process for students in grades 7-12 to participate in MASD athletics.
FAMILYID – Online Athletic Registration
We are excited to announce that we are now offering the convenience of online athletic registration through FamilyID (familyid.com). FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to minimize paper transactions, be more administratively efficient, and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple athletic programs.
Prior to Registering:
Have the following information on hand to allow for accurate completion of your online registration: emergency contact information and health insurance information. Parent/Guardian and student e-signatures will also be required.
Begin the registration process HERE.
Follow These Steps:
- To find your sport, select the registration form under the word Programs.
- Next click on the blue Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), email address and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. If you don’t see the email, check your email filters (spam, junk, etc).
- Click on the link in your activation email, which will log you in to FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer. NOTE: all athletes must complete the Extra-Curricular Participation Contract, Parental Code of Conduct and Expectations, and an Athletic Emergency Form for each season of participation.
- Click the Continue button when your form is complete
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the blue Submit button. After selecting Submit, the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
At any time, you may log in at familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s). To view a completed registration, select the Registrations tab in the blue menu bar at the top of your screen.
If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at email@example.com or 781-205-2800 x1. Support is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly.
All students participating in PIAA sports are required to complete a PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (CIPPE) located HERE. No student will be allowed to participate in athletics during the PIAA season without the entire CIPPE packet completed. In accordance with the PIAA, physicals cannot be dated earlier than June 1, 2020 and will be effective for the entire school year, until May 31, 2021. Athletes may have their physical completed by their own family doctor OR participate in the FREE physicals offered by the District.
ATHLETES HAVING THEIR PHYSICAL COMPLETED BY THEIR FAMILY DOCTOR:
- The contents of Sections 1-4 of the CIPPE are covered in the FamilyID registration so do not need to be completed if your family doctor completes your physical.
- Sections 5 and 6 of the CIPPE must be submitted to Mr. Rich Reed, Athletic Director. Section 6 must be completed and signed by an approved provider. Completed forms can be dropped off at MAHS, brought to the first day of practice, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FALL ATHLETES PARTICIPATING IN THE FREE PHYSICALS AT MAHS:
- NEW THIS YEAR: District physicals will be held ONLY for athletes participating in THE FALL SEASON. Additional dates will be scheduled for Winter and Spring Athletic Physicals once school resumes in the Fall.
- August 3, 2020, 6:00 pm in the MAHS gym
- Sections 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 of the CIPPE must be completed and signed by the parent/guardian before the doctor will examine the student and fill out section 6.
- Athletes must bring the completed packet with them to their sports physical appointment. Additional copies will be available at the door but will need to be completed by a parent/guardian prior to entering.
- APPOINTMENTS: Please sign-up online for an appointment time. Appointment times can be chosen up until the day before the physical date. To pick a time slot, go to www.ptcfast.com/reg1. When you are asked for an entry code enter A4R1305770.
- PLEASE NOTE: athletes will be required to complete a pre-screening exam and wear a mask when entering the building for these exams. Parents/Guardians will be asked to wait outside unless there is a medical issue to discuss with the physicians. Exams will comply with current State and Local COVID-19 guidelines.
- Athletes joining a sport more than 6 weeks after their initial physical exam, may be asked to complete the PIAA section 7 recertification form.
- Athletes who have sustained an injury or illness requiring medical attention, or had changes to their medical history at any point after the initial physical, may be asked to have their physician complete PIAA section 8 in addition to returning section 7.
Questions regarding sports physicals may be directed to MASD Athletic Director, Mr. Rich Reed at email@example.com.
GO BLUE RAIDERS!